The first trailer is here
True to its promise, CD Projekt has just presented the first gameplay footage of the upgraded next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt , during a special live stream.
In more detail, various members of the development team presented the changes, upgrades and new features of the update, while also giving the spotlight to the first gameplay trailer. So, below you can find both the video in question, as well as a review of the most important information.
Everything you need to know about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next-gen update:
- The Free Next-Gen Update will be released completely free to all owners of the game on December 14th , upgrading the experience on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
- Xbox Series X and PS5 will have two modes , one with ray-tracing effects and one with high performance 60FPS.
- As far as ray-tracing is concerned, the transformative ray traced global illumination and ray traced ambient occlusion technologies have been integrated.
- All versions will use AMD FSR technology for better performance, while on PC there will also be the option of DLSS , as well as a new 'Ultra+' mode in the graphics options.
- CD Projekt has handled every aspect of the visuals, from the textures to the vegetation. In particular, the game has new 4K 3D models and textures incorporating the incredibly popular mod 'The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project' .
- With the free next-gen update, new long-awaited features will be added, such as Photo Mode , as well as the ability to cross - save between the different platforms.
- A new camera will be added to the game that will be closer to Geralt , for those who want a more immersive experience. There will even be options for the new camera only in battles or only while the player is on his horse.
- The development team has implemented many Quality of Life features, such as the ability to ' Pause' cutscenes .
- The PS5 version will support the haptic feedback of the DualSense controller.
- New content inspired by the Netflix series will be added to the game .